There are many adventures to be had nearby, no matter your interests. From hiking to a majestic waterfall to exploring an actual castle, Pedder Bay offers lots to do.
NATURE WALKS & HIKES
- Beautiful hiking trails that include access to a viewpoint at Sitting Lady Falls, wetlands and a sandy beach.
- 10-minute Drive (7.7 km) from Pedder Bay
MATHESON LAKE REGIONAL PARK
- A popular lake for swimming, fishing & hiking, with a small sandy beach and intermediate loop trail.
- 4-minute drive (2.4 km) from Pedder Bay.
GALLOPING GOOSE REGIONAL TRAIL
- A former railway line turned into a multi-use trail that goes through urban, rural and wilderness areas on its 55-kilometre length from Victoria to Sooke.
- 3-minute Drive (1.5 km) from Pedder Bay.
EAST SOOKE REGIONAL PARK
- An impressive West Coast Regional Park with marked trails, picturesque beaches & picnic sites — one of Victoria’s top spots for hiking.
- 15-minute drive (10.8 km) from Pedder Bay.
- A sand spit that forms an enclosed lagoon and a renowned spot for birdwatchers.
- 18-minute drive (14.3 km) from Pedder Bay.
GOLDSTREAM PARK & MOUNT FINLAYSON
- Enjoy trails that meander through towering evergreens & broadleaf trees. The area also features waterfalls, a visitors’ centre, and annual salmon-spawning watching in October.
- 26-minute drive (21.5 km) from Pedder Bay.
SOOKE POTHOLES PROVINCIAL PARK
- Sooke Potholes Provincial Park is a popular destination along the Sooke River, with unique rock formations and several short trails to explore.
- 27-minute drive (21.6 km) from Pedder Bay.
If you’re taking a day trip to Jordan River, or French Beach Provincial Park, be sure to stop in at Shirley Delicious, Stoked Pizza, or the Cold Shoulder Café for a fresh coffee and delicious lunch.